Wednesday, September 27, 2023

News from Willow Lake

 


    Briars are a perfect seed delivery system. It attaches to clothes or fur and hangs on until you shake them off, and then they’re far away from where they originated. Cori got a little freaked out by them, it was kind of unexpected and funny, but I quickly wanted to ease her fears and took them off. I told the story to Ruby, without the sadism, and brought her some home so I could show her. Children learn by touch and sight of real objects. That's why nature is so important. Book learning is good too, not discounting that.
    Still a lot of aster. I so want to learn how to identify birds from their song.
    It’s raining the past three days, so it’s a little bit more wet down at the swamp. 
    Bushwhack to my not so secret spot by the lake. The geese noise scares me, they all flew off. I didn’t know there were creatures there. I’m not sure why I get so afraid in nature. I supposed its a healthy fear of the dangers of wild animals. Geese aren’t really known for being human killers, but I still was afraid when they all flew off suddenly. My heart was pumping, blood was racing and I was on high alert. I couldn't meditate, but I'd already meditated. I'm starting to have blissful meditation, entering the dhyanas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment