Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Lake meditation

 


Lake meditation today.




I was reading today that these yellow flowers Buttercups are invasive and take over so other flowers can't bloom (source).



I like "almost died in wilderness" stories. Here's one in the New York Times.



4/19/24. Yesterday I thought about walking down to the lake and I thought about how muddy it was, the car noise of the two highways bracketing it (Van Wyck and the Grand Central Parkway), the tire in the water (you can see in the top photo), and all the garbage people leave behind. Sometimes urban greenspaces aren't kept up well and they can be unappealing. I've been tempted to take a garbage bag and do some cleaning when I go. 

The fisherman takes garbage out, which I really appreciate.

I'm also noticing how dirty NYC is, so maybe it's my issue of the moment. 34 years living here, I sometimes am not bothered by it. I look at the clouds in the sky or see the beauty. Sometimes I get negative and see the garbage. Another layer of trying not to be negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment