Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Freezing


When you live in the city, you learn New Jersey and Long Island in small episodes. People from long Island know Hicks. My friend who works for Hicks reports last weekend was the beginning of the most busy season because it's the cut off line when you plant, because it's highly unlikely to freeze after that point. 

The freeze line captured my imagination, and it's mother's day that the line is drawn, a fascinating correlation. 

I try to meditate with my eyes closed, but I do open them. Watching the clouds cross the sky is part of the joy of meditating for me.

On a down note, I've seen 5 dead smooshed baby birds on the sidewalk, and my first thought is they were pushed out of the nest, but I don't think there was a nest above them. It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment