Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The news from Willow Lake

Anyone who can takes their vacations in August in New York City. The city is pleasantly unpopulated. I wasn't invited on the camping trip with my ex, which is fine, even if my daughter cries. We've been apart for more than 2 years now, and the years before that we weren't really together. I think I've adjusted to being alone, and quite like it at this point. I do crave intimacy, and I can get a hug on request from my daughter and my ex. 

I'm reading Long Life by Mary Oliver, her prose, essays, and she wrote about how her dog gobbles up mice babies, crunch crunch, that it finds in a nest.

I'm cat sitting Ella and she made me the present of a dead mouse that I squished into my bare foot this morning.

I noticed the wild teasel on my walk today.


And the creek was clear and I saw a fish.


I stayed on the main path but got a shot of the lake.


I looked for the eagles in the willow tree but couldn’t see any.

I picked a lovely bouquet of wildflowers for my shrine, no photograph, just for me.

Yesterday Indian landed a ship on the moon. It's a moment of pride for Indian politicians and those involved (source). Meanwhile Japan dumps radioactive waste into the ocean (source). Giuliani, former mayor of NYC, is going to be booked in the case in Georgia racketeering case. American adults 35-50 are binge drinking and using cannabis, 30%, up from 23% in 2012. Cannabis use went from 13% to 28% (source).


No comments:

Post a Comment