Sunday, January 29, 2023

Getting cold feet

 




I wanted to get my daughter into Willow Lake. She wanted to go down this morning. So we went but she put her foot into a hole and got her foot wet. Then later, we were navigating logs and she got her feet wet again. She said, "This is the worst day ever." I hate to hear such a bleak rewrite of the experience, but I know it's an emotional expression. She wasn't so devastated that she couldn't play in the park. 

There was a dog there, her owner had a collar remote in which she explained low voltage shocks don't really hurt, it's communication. The dog was a little wild, but the lady had a clicker and a communicating collar that you could up the voltage if you had to. She said she paid people to help train her. Seemed like she was addressing a special needs dog quite well. She let my daughter feed her some kibble. My daughter likes dogs, and even though she's been knocked down a few times she's still not scared.

There were ducks on the lake, and I love seeing the V of birds migrating south, but I don't think they're going too far south this winter, it's a pretty mild winter.

My daughter has a bag of chips in case she gets snacky 

No comments:

Post a Comment